You can perform two types of transfers:
• Attended—You call the person to whom you are transferring the call and
speak to them before transferring the call.
• Blind—You transfer the call without speaking to the other party to which you
are transferring the call.
Performing an Attended Transfer:
STEP 1 During an active call, press Transfer.
STEP 2 Either:
• Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call; or
• Press Directory and either choose a number from the personal directory or
select the Corporate Directory.
STEP 3 Press Dial or wait a few seconds. The call is placed on hold and a new line is
opened to dial the number.
STEP 4 Do one of the following:
• To transfer the call without waiting for the other person to answer, press
Transfer after the call begins to ring and hang up. If you hang up before the
second call rings, the transfer fails and the first call disconnected. If you
miss-dial, press the line button again to receive a dial tone.
• To transfer after speaking privately to the other person, press Transfer at
any time during the conversation.
Performing an Unattended (Blind) Transfer:
STEP 1 During an active call, press BXfer.
STEP 2 Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call and press Dial. The call is
transferred with no further action required on your part.