At Northwest Voip we're always looking for ways to offer our clients competitive advantages and unified communications with video conferencing is way we do that. We employ the Jitsi-Meet video conferencing platform because it offers our clients the following features:
- High resolution video, with the ability to downscale to fit your bandwidth needs.
- Hi definition audio.
- Moderator screen sharing allowing you to present web casts.
- In session chat and private chat.
- The ability to invite users into the conference via the plain old telephone system. No computer required.
- The ability to share YouTube videos while in session.
To get started got to https://jitsi.westhost.ca . Log in using credentials supplied to you by Northwest Voip support. Once you're logged in you'll see the following page:
Here you can type in a title for your meeting or you can use one of the random titles provided.
- To mute or un-mute your mic, press the mic button:
- To end your session press the red handset button:
- To stop your video feed press the video camera button:
- To share the conference web address with someone press the exclamation mark button:
Invite someone to your conference via telephone:
- Press the plus button to the left of the exclamation mark button. The system will then ask you to enter a phone number. You can enter multiple numbers.
Click on the telephone button to complete the call and add the person to your conference.